Think of Time Well Spent as your own health library. Use it to help yourself get and stay healthy. It gives you materials to help educate yourself on ways to improve your overall health and well-being.
Walgreens becomes in -network retail pharmacy as of September 15, 2012
We are pleased to share with you that Express Scripts and Walgreens have finally reached an agreement for Walgreens to participate as an in-network retail pharmacy, and, as a result, our members will be able to use their pharmacy benefit at Walgreens stores beginning Sept. 15, 2012.
MyPlate is part of a larger communications initiative based on 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans to help consumers make better food choices. MyPlate is designed to remind Americans to eat healthfully; it is not intended to change consumer behavior alone. MyPlate illustrates the five food groups using a familiar mealtime visual, a place setting.
- Make at least half your grains whole grains
- Vary your veggies
- Focus on fruit
- Get your calcium-rich foods
- Go lean with protein
- Get more healthy eating tips from the Ten Tips Nutrition Education Series
- Tips for Eating Healthy When Eating out
- Tips for Vegetarians
- Choose MyPlate
- Add More Vegetables to Your Day
- Focus on Fruits
- Make Half Your Grains Whole
- Got Your Dairy Today?
- With Protein Foods, Variety Is Key
- Build a Healthy Meal
- Healthy Eating for Vegetarians
- Smart Shopping for Veggies and Fruits
- Liven up Your Meals With Vegetables and Fruits
- Kid-Friendly Veggies and Fruits
- Be a Healthy Role Model for Children
- Cut Back on Your Kid's Sweet Treats
- Salt and Sodium
- Eat Seafood Twice a Week
- Eating Better on a Budget
- Use SuperTracker Your Way
- Enjoy Your Food, But Eat Less
- Make Better Beverage Choices NEW
- Make Celebrations Fun, Healthy & Active NEW
- What is physical activity?
- Why is it important?
- How much is needed?
- How many calories are used?
- Tips for increasing physical activity
- Getting Started with MyPlate
- MyPlate Mini-Poster
- Make Half Your Plate Fruits & Vegetables Mini-Poster
- Make Half Your Plate Fruits & Vegetables Poster for Children
- Dietary Guidelines Consumer Brochure
- 10 Tips Nutrition Education Series
- Coloring sheet (option 1, option 2)
- Sample menus and recipes
- MyPlate Graphic Resources
To learn more, go to www.choosemyplate.gov
Click on the following for more information