Expected Behaviors on the Bus:
- Sit the entire time the bus is moving
- Speak quietly and use appropriate language
- Keep hands and feet to yourself
Upon a bus conduct report the following will apply:
- First Write-Up: Meet with Principal to discuss behavior, mail home report
- Second Write-Up: Meet with Principal, parent contacted by phone, mail home report
- Third Write-Up: Loss of bus privileges for one day, parent contacted by phone, mail home report
Please note: that on-going bus issues will result in loss of bus privileges for more than one day. Physical violence or severe misbehavior will result in immediate action.
Tips for Parents
Encourage your child to give 100% at all times.
Reinforce concepts and habits the teacher is trying to build. If Johnny is learning how to multiply percents at school, have him help you calculate the tip at a restaurant.
Encourage your child to set a designated time when homework will be completed every day.
Provide a quiet, well lit environment at home with all of thee materials necessary for completing school tasks (extra paper, pencils etc.)
Prevent brain freeze- allow your child to take a short break every thirty minutes or between homework tasks.
Be careful not to give answers to homework questions; instead offer advice about where to look for an answer.
Model what productive work looks like. When your child does homework, you do yours too (balance a checkbook, pay the bills, etc.)